Wikileaks is one of the most important, if not THE most important organization in terms of publishing failures in governments and big companies that regard the public. By doing this they help traditional news organisations maintain their work and take some pressure of them.
Within the last weeks there has been put a whole lot of pressure on them from various organizations and governments. To name only the happenings from last week:
- http://wikileaks.org/ set offline (http://wikileaks.ch/ is the main address now)
- Amazon closed their account they used to outsource some computer power in the amazon cloud.
- OpenDNS stopped forwarding the Wikileaks url.
- Paypal closed the Wikileaks donation account
- England wants to arrest Wikileaks main speaker Julia Assange.
- Swiss bank closes Julian Assange’s bank account.
If Wikileaks is to be expected to keep up their work, they need both emotional and financial support. This is why I myself just transfered 15€ to their bank account.
Bank Transfer: via the not-for-profit „Wau Holland Stiftung“ Foundation: This support is tax deductible in Germany
Bank Account: 2772812-04
IBAN: DE46 5204 0021 0277 2812 04
BIC Code: COBADEFFXXX
Bank: Commerzbank Kassel
German BLZ: 52040021
Subject: WIKILEAKS / WHS Projekt 04
For more payment options check the link below.
What is Wikileaks (post by me):
Wikileaks related posts on my blog:
Wikileaks support link: